Sunday, July 28, 2013

Elles Studio Thursday Sketch and Hello Story Week 3

For this layout I decided to combine a little bit of the class and a sketch from Elles Studio. I loved the silver stars and the stitching in this week's video of Hello Story and decided to incorporate that on this layout. The layout is also directional in the sense that it highlights the title and the photo with arrows and that we love our baby forever.

I love all of Elles studio products. They are a lot of fun to use. I cut out the left side of the border from a patterned paper and embellished it with some brads and stars and of course added my journaling there. The title emphasizes timeless love. I totally love this photo of my husband and son that we took at the beach a few weeks back, it displays so much affection and love between the two of them.

Here is my layout:


One of my favorite techniques that Ali used is to stitch on the photo itself directly. I thought that was so cool. I used Amy Tangerine's templates to stitch the hearts and the arrow near the title. I also used up some of my silver brads that went well with the silver stars that I got in the Roundabout Studio Calico kit from Basic Grey. I cut out the title itself with my silhouette. And last but not least all the cardstock is from Cameron Collection from Elle's Studio and so are the circle tags. I love this fun and colorful line.... it is perfect for boys.

Here is a close up of the title and stitching.


Here is the original sketch from Elles Studio:



I kind of rotated it and enlarged the whole center portion to cover the entire page. I am loving it. Hope you like it too.

Have a great day..... and I can't wait for week 4 of Hello Story to begin.
~Neela

No comments :